logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: PatternLayout docs
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:05:29 GMT

Howdy,
One minor question: isn't the example CountingPatternConverter using StringBuffer in a way
that causes the bad memory leak documented in Bug Parade 4724129? (http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4724129.html)

If so, we should add a little note in the code telling users to be careful in using JDK 1.4.0
with this example converter on production systems.

Other than that -- cool stuff!  I like the conversion words rather than characters, I like
the dynamic conversion rules setup.  Is the FormattingInfo empty for now?  I didn't see anything
in it.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics