logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "log4jdev" <log4j...@schwebbman.com>
Subject questions about the TODO list
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 03:35:03 GMT
I have a couple of questions concerning the TODO list.  They involve the following entries:

- SSL logging.
- Authenticated logging.

Could someone better explain them?  Does the "SSL Logging" mean that you want log4j to write
messages to another process using SSL?  Or does it mean posting the data to an SSL based web
page in the form of a multi-part request?  I have extensive experience writing SSL code in
java and would like some guidance on this so I may help.

As far as the "Authenticated logging", does this mean that you want to log over ssh?  This
one I am a little more confused on.

Has anyone else done any work on these?

Please advise.
Thank you.