logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Garg, Nidhi" <nidhi.g...@barco.com>
Subject Suggestions
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 04:35:39 GMT
Ive started a project using Log4J and have a question...

a) Is it a good idea to have lots of loggers? I've read that people often
create a logger for each class, but is this really efficient?

b)I ve created the wrapper class for Logger class.N I am trying to use
configuration file  for property configurator.But in property configurator
we define properties like

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

while i ve created wrapper class of Logger in my own package..N i want user
shd not be aware with the prescence of Log4j...so is thr any way so that we
can replace org.apache.log4j with our own package path or name..