logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: TRACE!!! (Was: Re: Log4j Domains - Volunteer)
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:24:51 GMT

Howdy,

>| Howdy, FYI, we use Jalopy prior to releases for file formatting.  So
>| there's not much point worrying about space/tab (jalopy makes it all
>| spaces, no tabs) or method order within a file.
>
>Do you mangle -the method order-???????

I don't think so.

>Why -on earth- would one want to do that?

To make it consistent no matter who the author is or what IDE was used
to produce the source code.  I much prefer that as I don't tend to look
at whole source code files browsing for a specific section (I use
eclipse).

But we don't modify the method order as I assumed previously: our
current jalopy directives don't sort methods.  So this rant is mute.

Yoav Shapira