logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian.H...@equifax.com
Subject RE: MDC copies
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:05:18 GMT
This is pretty much what I did. I originally tried just to extend
LoggingEvent and extend the copy behavior. As soon as you are going to
plug in a strategy, though, why not strategize the entire container (my
solution) as opposed to just the copy method? This seems more flexible
in case this area becomes an issue for some other reason later. Same
overhead of a single delegation point in the code.

-C

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom.Drake@tavant.com [mailto:Tom.Drake@tavant.com]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 7:15 PM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: RE: MDC copies

Couldn't this problem be solved by making this (serialization) behavior
configurable. Moving the serialization logic out of LoggingEvent and
into a strategy class. The default behavior could be identical to
existing code. Alternate strategy impls could be written to do other
interesting things, like deep MDC copy, and retention of the original
un-rendered log message, etc...