logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Schaber <schab...@logi-track.com>
Subject Multipipe Logger
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:31:35 GMT
Hi @all,

I attached a MultiPipeLogger class.

The purpose in our project was to enable logging via SysLog on the local
machine, without using IP. For this purpose, we use the "logger" shell
tool, and open one pipe per supported SysLog priority. It will go to
productive use in our environment those days.

I also included a tester Class that tests all log priorities and the
pipe recreation.

I have the permission from our management to submit this classes for
inclusion into the main log4j project (after setting a sensible package
declaration).

Nevertheless, I rather expect to get some comments from this first
submission.

Thanks,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 z├╝rich