logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Log4j classpath merging?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:17:30 GMT
At 12:40 PM 4/5/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:32:29PM +0000, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> > See the version in logging-log4j-sandbox.  Check out the tag mark
> 0_2_ALPHA (or
> > something like that).  It will work with Logj4-1.2.8.  I have been
> using it for
> > quite a while now with perfect separation of container and multiple webapp
> > logging under most any appserver.
>
>I'll wait for 1.3 rather than mess with what I have working right
>now, but as soon as 1.3 is ready I'll give it a try.

Sure.  If you have something that works and only need it to work in Tomcat,
then what you have should do the job.

Just to be clear, when I mentioned the 1.2 compatible repository selector
implementation, I meant the ContextJNDISelector which is no longer in the
HEAD of logging-logj4-sandbox, but still is in the 0_2_ALPHA tagged version
of CVS.  I would avoid the ContextClassLoaderSelector that is still in the
sandbox.

Jake