logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject JDBCReceiver - move from sandbox to core?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:45:29 GMT
I'm interested in moving JDBCReceiver from the sandbox project to the main project, in time
for the 1.3 alpha release, and would like to address any concerns folks have with the move
or answer any questions.  Here's a link to the receiver:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4j-sandbox/src/java/org/apache/log4j/jdbc/JDBCReceiver.java?rev=HEAD&view=auto

Where I work, we use Chainsaw V2 configured to use the JDBCReceiver in order to view database
events in the UI, with good results.

Prior to inclusion in the main project, I would like to add support for data sources, taking
advantage of Ray DeCampo's data source access code (see ConnectionSource and implementations
here:)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4j-sandbox/src/java/org/apache/log4j/jdbc/

Are there issues (or changes to the code) that need addressed prior to the receiver getting
included in the main project?

Scott