logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: JDBCReceiver - move from sandbox to core?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:22:17 GMT
Thanks Ceki,

I haven't had time to work on JDBCAppender and I doubt I will.

I'll update the docs to reflect support for properties in the layout.  Chainsaw relies on
the IDField param as the column used to uniquely identify rows (the 'idfield' param is used
as the ID column in Chainsaw).

The SQL statement is also manipulated on each query (if refreshMillis is provided), updating
the WHERE clause to only retrieve rows where the Idfield is greater than the last seen ID
field.  JDBCreceiver doesn't currently use a prepared statement but I'll work on that as well.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 10:41 AM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: JDBCReceiver - move from sandbox to core?

Hi Scott,

No objections to move JDBCReceiver and DeCampo's data source access code to
the jdbc package in log4j proper. Changes can be added if the need arises.

Will you be improving JDBCAppender in any way? I have been quite unhappy
with it in the past but have not had a chance to work on it for a long time...

JDBCReceiver docs state that PatternLayout does not support properties.
That is no longer the case as PatternLayout does support properties,
(%properties is the new conversion word).

How does Chanisaw deal with duplicate reports? I mean if the same event is
reported twice by two separate iterations within the run method of
JDBCReceiverThread?

--
Ceki Gülcü