logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond DeCampo <rdeca...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.2 Compilation problems
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 21:46:40 GMT
Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> Other errors included the usage of the javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject
> class which is not part of JDK 1.2. This problem affects only the
> o.a.l.db.JNDIConnectionSource class.

Ceki,

The PortableRemoteObject class should be available in J2EE distributions
or RMI/JNDI distributions.  We can include one of these for compilation
purposes.  It should not be necessary to include it in the binary
distribution, as anyone using the JNDIConnectionSource class would get
this class from their JNDI provider libraries.

Please let me know if you need any assistance on this issue.

Thanks,
Ray