logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: cvs commit: logging-log4j/src/java/org/apache/log4j/xml/test DOMTest.java
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 19:31:44 GMT
Hello all,

With this commit, I added a properties support in LoggerRepository. It
is not possible to set a property at the repository level such that it
is shared by all events generated by that repository.

I also merged MDC properties and LoggerRepository properties into one
at the LoggerEvent level. The LoggingEvent.getMDCKeySet and
LoggingEvent.getMDC(String) methods have been replaced by the more
general LoggingEvent.getPropertyKeySet and
LoggingEvent.getProperty(String) methods.

XMLLayout no longer outputs a <log4j:MDC> element. Its contents have
been merged with <log4j:properties> element.

Thus, your code no longer needs to worry about whether a property is
set in the MDC or elsewhere.

As a result of these changes, chainsaw code no longer compiles. I did
not want to mess with chainsaw code.

--
Ceki Gülcü