logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sikha, Naresh" <Naresh.Si...@schwab.com>
Subject Using latest Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 00:18:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging (nothing I can do about it - its
bundled with Struts) and I am getting the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.log4j.Logger: method
log(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/log4j/Priority;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lan
g/Throwable;)V not found
    at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.error(Log4JLogger.java:192)
    at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResource
sFactory.java:197)
    at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:576)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:1329)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:464)

I believe I should file a bug but I thout I would inquire first. Thanks.

-Naresh