logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: [GUMP@brutus]: jakarta-commons/commons-logging failed
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 22:59:57 GMT

> Not sure if this will get sufficient attention without
> bringing it here, so
> doing so...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> regards

Ceki, looks like the recent change in Category changed from the old
Priority->Level, which will break existing installations with
commons-logging.  Could we keep the new AND old methods, and deprecate the
old ones for the 1.3 release?  I know we have _eventually_ get rid of
Category and Priority, but is that planned for 1.3?  If it is, we will need
to co-ordinate with commons-logging people so that we can have a concurrent
release of commons-logging, as otherwise I fear we might have a problem.

What are your thoughts?

cheers,

Paul Smith