logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: Using latest Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 00:22:14 GMT
Actually gump has already picked up some things regarding the latest log4j
and commons-logging, and we are already looking into it.  You might want to
build from cvs from about a week ago until this has been resolved.

cheers,

Paul Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: Sikha, Naresh [mailto:Naresh.Sikha@schwab.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 May 2004 10:18 AM
To: 'log4j-dev@logging.apache.org'
Subject: Using latest Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging

Hi,

I'm using Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging (nothing I can do about it - its
bundled with Struts) and I am getting the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.log4j.Logger: method
log(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/log4j/Priority;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lan
g/Throwable;)V not found
    at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.error(Log4JLogger.java:192)
    at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResource
sFactory.java:197)
    at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:576)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:1329)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:464)

I believe I should file a bug but I thout I would inquire first. Thanks.

-Naresh