logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: Proposed Enhancments to HTMLLayout
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 03:33:43 GMT
> I think wrap is a bit strong, as we will require each field
> individually to
> add in the html required to do table cells and such.  But I
> get what you are
> talking about.

Couldn't each line be represented by one pattern? e.g. the pattern string
might be:

You get what I mean..  I would have thought that a PatternLayout string
could handle each row's data in a single call.  Unless I'm missing
something.

> The PatternParser would need a new method like getFormattingItem() or
> something like that, and then when each instance of the
> PatternParser (or
> sub-class) is initiated it determines what data it's
> formatiing and allows
> access to that name..
>
> What's the chance of getting this addition to the PatternParser's?

Propose a more detailed change that you think is reasonable, and useful, and
it should always be received well, but I guess it'll depend how it is.  Good
thinking though.

Paul