logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: reconnecting to SocketHubAppender
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 00:31:06 GMT
> Just shooting from the hip, but when a message gets sent, I
> assume it throws
> an exception if not connected, could you catch that exception
> and attempt to
> re-connect..

This probably works ok on the SocketAppender side, but not on the
SocketHubReceiver side.  The SocketHubReceiver is on the client-side, and if
the remote server drops the connection (log4j or even application or server
restart), then the SocketHubReceiver does'nt know that the current socket is
dead.

Unless I just haven't had enough coffee today, that is.

Paul