logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: logging-log4j/tests/src/java/org/apache/log4j LoggerTestCase.java
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:49:15 GMT

Hola,

>>   Undid the removal of PassByJNDI.java from the tests/build.xml
>> compilation.  I committed that by accident before.  I still don't
like
>> needing Jetty to build, though.
>
>Jetty is needed for building the tests, not log4j itself. Using jetty
we
>can test log4j in relation to web-app reloading with just a few lines
of
>code. It's really worth the extra effort.

Yeah, I noticed it's just tests.  It was a surprise and a marginal
annoyance, but no big deal.  I hope the web-app reloading tests are not
dependant on jetty-specific behavior, but then again any testing is
better than none.

>I notice that the new trace method is still in Category and not Logger.

Yeah, for consistency's sake.  I contemplate putting it in Logger for a
minute, and that's possible, but it was a toss-up so I went for
consistency with the other logging methods. ;)

Yoav