logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Sumit Kumar" <skum...@novell.com>
Subject SNMPTrapAppender configuration
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:24:57 GMT
hi all,

I am using SNMPTrap appender but i find some problem there.

The append fuction first loads implementation class then calls
parseLoggingEventAndAddToTrap function to add varbinds.
Now if i want to add more than one varbind how can i do it.

My varbinds are part of message it self. i need to extract the
parameters from the message string and add them to the pdu as a varbind
one by one. One possible way was that i can extends the class can
overwrite the parseLoggingEventAndAddToTrap
function...but as it is private to the class it is not possible.

Can some one tell me how can i add more one varbind to the pdu ... and
even when they are part of message (comma seperated)

Thanks in advance.
sumit