logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: NDC implementation log4j-1.2.8
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:27:46 GMT
On Thursday 28 October 2004 03:01, E. Epstein (ML) wrote:

> So.... having not contributed to log4j before, what step next?
> P.S., Since writing this I've gone ahead and changed NDC.java.  It
> compiles and passes basic tests.  It is gzipped and attached here.

Generally, most Apache projects appreciates if the contributor submits a diff
file, instead of the entire file. That can most of the time prevent changes
made after your snapshot, being lost.

And you should generate the diff file against the CVS HEAD of the active
branch, so first check out the CVS source, then issue for instance a

cvs -q diff -u NDC.java >NDC.diff

And send in the NDC.diff file.

Some projects (like Log4J) prefer to receive the diff files in the issue
tracking system, as one can easier attach comments, like if it has been
applied, and a discussion around the patch can be collected in one place.

Hope this helps you help the Log4J project.

Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /