logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Smith" <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject RE: Yet another Apender proposal: ListAppender
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:38:00 GMT
> In fact, what I (beeing a log4j user) needed was exactly an Appender. I
> needed it, to feed it directly to the Logger.addApender(Appender)
> method. The CyclicBuffer wouldn't help here, cause it doesn't implement
> the Apender interface. So anyway I'd have to write my own appender.
>
> On the other hand, ListAppender could serve as an "of the shelf"
> solution attachable to any Logger. But as you said, everything new is
> old again:
> The VectorAppender does exectly the same, only with a little bit of
> aditional functionality and a slightly less general interface. If that
> one was in the log4j core, I would have picked it.

I forgot that VectorAppender is just in the test source tree, and isn't part
of the core.

I've moved the ListModel based appender into
org.apache.log4j.varia.ListModelAppender and thrown in
org.apache.log4j.varia.ListAppender for good measure.

Be great if you could check out CVS Head and use them and see what you
think.

cheers,

Paul Smith