logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Reconsideration of features for 1.3 (Re: slf4j and log4j)
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 20:05:01 GMT
One of the planned activities before the 1.3 beta 1 release is a review
of all open bug reports.  I would assume the process would be to fix
all the simple ones, reject all the unrealistic ones and have a series
of vote on the debatable ones.

Instead of having an unstructured discussion on desired features and
restarting a lot of previous discussions, it would likely be better to
mark the corresponding bug report as REOPENED and adding any new
comments or links to later discussions in the notes.  I'd also suggest
that in this process, rejecting a REOPENED bug would require a vote.

I'd prefer not to open the 1.2 line to any new features at this point,
but resolve the compatibility or stability issues that would hinder
migration to 1.3.  However, if anyone has some feature that they
believe merits reopening the 1.2 line, they should start a new thread.