logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yoa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject RE: slf4j and log4j
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 23:13:04 GMT
Hi,

> goes on and on. Why not call this large new thing 2.0, and just continue
> the nice'n'good log4j package v.1 with an 1.3 containing "the normal
> stuff, just a bit better"?

That's actually an appealing argument to me: 1.3 = 1.2 + trace-level, 2.0 =
everything else, i.e what we currently call 1.3.  I wonder if this is the
right time to discuss that.

Endre (and others), please understand that these past couple of months have
been a very tumultuous time in the log4j (and Logging Services) universe.
We've had in-depth discussions on some contentious issues that have
long-term impact on the project.  It's not been business as usual.

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering
Cambridge, MA USA
yoavsh@sloan.mit.edu / yoavs@computer.org