logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Glen <glenl...@model3.net>
Subject another contrib possibility ThreadLocalAppender
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 13:53:20 GMT
Hi looking through my log4j stuff I have another possible appender
contrib that it would be great to get some comments on.

It is a ThreadLocalAppender that allows you to register (and
de-register) other appenders on a per thread basis.

One place where I use it is in a servlet container we log each servlet
request to it's own appender and if the servlet bombs we write all the
log events to a unique file.  This makes tracking specific errors on
high usage servers much easier.