logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <wom...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: log4j 1.3 minimum JDK (was Re: [VOTE] Release log4j 1.2.12rc3)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:00:33 GMT
But is there some specific reason why we want to upgrade and be compatible
with only >= JDK 1.3?  Is there some core class we really need to use in
order to make log4j better?  If not, then I don't see a compelling reason to
self-limit ourselves to >= JDK 1.3.  We are a logging framework, it just
makes more sense to be as compatible as we can be, imo.  It is one of the
pluses for log4j vs jdk 1.4 logging.

-Mark