logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject Chainsaw IRC client?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:05:49 GMT
I know it sounds crazy, but it is pretty handy, and it's another example
of how to write your own receiver:

http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/ChainsawHelp

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:10 AM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Re: The next 1.3 alpha release

Quoting Mark Womack <mwomack@apache.org>:

> Since no one stated a preference, I will plan on a snapshot release.
> I'll do this build sometime early next week which should give us a
> chance to update the cvs head with anything that should be in the
snapshot.

> If you have any issues, let me know.

Looks like the next version of SLF4J will have Marker's removed from the
interface (1).  Hopefully this will happen in the near future so that it
can be integrated with Log4j-1.3 before the snapshot release.  Should be
a simpler effort than what it took to produce the patch Curt wrote up to
support a recent version of SLF4J.

(1) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=slf4j-dev&m=112523535004386&w=2

BTW, are we ready to say that Log4j-1.3 will support JDK1.3 as a minimum
after jumping through hoops to get Log4j-1.2.12 compatible with JDK1.1+
(which was a valiant, and necessary, effort given the promises made for
minimum JDK support for the 1.2 branch)?  User's have their 1.2.12
release for earier JDK's.  If they aren't willing to upgrade the JDK,
what are the chances they'll be madly keeping up with versions of other
dependencies?  Let's be realistic and make life easier for developers
and users alike.

Jake