logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project logging-log4j-tests (in module logging-log4j) failed
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:33:52 GMT

On Mar 14, 2006, at 10:04 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:10 AM, noreply@qos.ch wrote:
>
>> To whom it may engage...
>
> Apparently fixing the compile warnings were not sufficient to
> resolve the problem with Gump.  I was able to successfully run the
> unit tests on JDK 1.5 for Windows both before and after the recent
> changes.  I guess I need to fire up a Linux JDK 1.5 to see if I can
> reproduce it there or look into the unit test and junit code to see
> if I can identify what would throw that exception.

My current speculation is that it is due to a some recent change in
the JUnit CVS.  If I'm able to diagnose the problem in the junit code
before the next Gump run, I'll fix our code to work around the
changed behavior and file a bug report (at least asking for a more
detail in the exception) with junit.  Otherwise, I'll switch our Gump
descriptor to force use of Junit 3.8.1.