logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributing with a Configurable Hibernate Appender - 4 David Castro can i release my work on Apache License 2.0?
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:14:13 GMT
Hi,

> [OT] a good plaste to start with JUnit? if i remember weel it's for "black
> box" testing while a log appender need to do some output!!!!

Google for any one of a million JUnit tutorials out there, including
on junit.org itself.  And as previously mentioned, take a look at
existing tests to see how we already test appenders.  For a low-level
library such as log4j, the distinction between black and white box
testing is blurry at best.

Yoav