logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Ross <generic_el...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proposal to include thirdparty libraries in repository
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:39:27 GMT

I have finally started to code, and I'm not too keen on downloading or
locating the various 10 or so libraries to build Log4j. I propose we simply
copy the appropiate .jar files for building into a "thirdparty" directory and
include all the licenses, etc.  This is what many other projects do, I don't
know if there is some policy against it, but anything to lower the barrier of
entry is a good thing.

Yes, I know there is a Maven build. I gave it a go, and even it doesn't work
without having to manually download a few files.

I'd like to both simplify my life a little and maybe a few others.

What do people think?