logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improved ThrowableInformationPatternConverter.
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:01:11 GMT

On Feb 16, 2007, at 12:11 AM, Jacob Kjome wrote:

> If you don't want this to get lost in the shuffle, I suggest you
> post an enhancement report in bugzilla.  The change looks useful.
> Probably something for 1.3 or 2.0.  I don't see this getting into
> 1.2.xx.
>
> Any other committers care to comment on this?  Seems useful to me.
>
> Jake

Bugzilla would be the place to submit it.  I don't know if Bugzilla
has a checkbox to indicate that you intend to contribute the code to
the ASF for inclusion (JIRA has one), but if so please check it.

I haven't looked at the code in context, but I'm thinking that it
might not behave well if you gave an unexpected value in the braces (%
throwable{foo}, %throwable{}, etc).   Would probably also want to add
corresponding unit tests before committing.

I'm not thinking that it would be appropriate for log4j 1.2, but
would have to review.