logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chainsaw dependencies on log4j 1.3
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:24:24 GMT
I've split out the component model from log4j 1.3 to the sandbox as
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component.
Builds with Maven 2.

I've cleaned up the code for the ExpressionFilter spin-off and
committed that and should have the Sandbox project set up tomorrow.

I haven't cleaned up the Receiver code, but have a local project that
works with the uncleaned up code.

With those projects, I was able to get past the unresolved symbols.
Chainsaw uses a frequently uses a few trivial methods
(LoggingEvent.getTimeStamp() and
LoggingEvent.locationInformationExists()) that were introduced in
log4j 1.3.  I expect that I'll just add them to the log4j 1.2
branch.  Will mean that Chainsaw will need to be deployed with a
log4j 1.2.15 or later, but that is a better solution than trying to
work around their absence.