logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Vigilog listing as "Third-party extension"?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 05:37:44 GMT
At 11:00 AM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
 >Quoting Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>:
 >

 >> On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:47 AM, Jacob Kjome wrote:
 >>

 >> > I would add this to the download.xml xdocs, but it seems as if my
 >> > commit rights have been, somehow, revoked.  I can log into
 >> > people.apache.org, but can't seem to check anything in to Log4j
 >> > using TortoiseSVN.  Any ideas?  BTW, at such point that I get my
 >> > commit access back, how do I update the website after I check in
 >> > download.xml?
 >> >
 >> > Jake
 >> >

 >> asf-authorization looks like you should have all the necessary karma
 >> for the SVN (both logging-log4j and logging-pmc).  Did you check out
 >> the code with an https: URL?  Did it accept your SVN password and
 >> then fail, if so did it give you any specific failure message?  Could
 >> you take a shot with a command line SVN client?

I checked out with a URL that looks like....

https://username:password@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/trunk

Then I modified download.xml and tried to check it in.  I got a popup
message asking for authorization.  I entered my username and password
and hit ok.  The popup just reappears asking for username/password
again.  If I hit "cancel", I get...

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: MKACTIVITY of
'/repos/asf/!svn/act/3e53b7ac-584e-d644-87a9-70c017ba6377':
authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)

I'm using the latest TortoiseSVN.  Here's the version info....

TortoiseSVN 1.4.3, Build 8645 - 32 Bit , 2007/02/04 09:40:57
Subversion 1.4.3,
apr 0.9.12
apr-iconv 0.9.7
apr-utils 0.9.12
berkeley db 4.4.20
neon 0.26.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006
zlib 1.2.3

Does it help if I tell you that I can SSH into my people.apache.org
shell account, but not svn.apache.org?  I'm not sure I'm supposed to
be able to log into the latter via SSH, but I thought I'd mention it.

And I don't have a standalone client installed currently, just
TortoiseSVN, which doesn't seem to have an svn.exe in it's bin
folder.  It's getting late, I'll have to try again tomorrow night.

Jake