logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Vigilog listing as "Third-party extension"?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 06:32:09 GMT
At 12:47 AM 4/4/2007, you wrote:

 >On Apr 4, 2007, at 12:37 AM, Jacob Kjome wrote:
 >

 >> I checked out with a URL that looks like....
 >>
 >> https://username:password@svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/trunk
 >>

 >I've never needed to specify username:password in the URL.  Should
 >only need credentials on commit.

I tried checking out without the username:password@ in the URL and
found no difference in behavior.  It still doesn't work.

 >> Then I modified download.xml and tried to check it in.  I got a
 >> popup message asking for authorization.  I entered my username and
 >> password and hit ok.  The popup just reappears asking for username/
 >> password again.  If I hit "cancel", I get...
 >>

 >Did you set the SVN password by running svnpass on your account on
 >people.apache.org?  Maybe you should try to set it again in case it
 >was reset.

Was I supposed to do something like this?  To tell you the truth, I'm
not sure I've checked anything in since we moved from CVS to
SVN.  Was there some sort of infrastructure stuff I was supposed to
perform along with this migration that I'm not aware of?  "svnpass"
does not appear to be a valid command under my account.  What do I
need to do to set this stuff up?

Jake