logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: 1.3 - A Line in the Sand
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:47:01 GMT
At 06:51 AM 4/4/2007, Jacob Kjome wrote:

>Yes, I've found the "drop log4j for logback"
>stuff from Ceki a bit disheartening.  Well,
>actually I found the whole sudden split from
>Log4j after a vote that didn't go his way a bit
>disheartening.  I think the vote went the
>correct way, but I wish we could have avoided the fallout.

For me, starting a new project was a lot worse
than just "disheartening". The SLF4J vote was
just the straw that broke the camel's back. After
putting many many hours of work into log4j, it
became increasingly painful to waste time in
arguments, where opinions got asserted by the one
writing the longest email. Not fun.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch