logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 - A Line in the Sand
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:51:44 GMT
I didn't know about the MDC treatment -- I'll have to look into that.

Otherwise, I knew that #2 and #3 were covered by the existing Chainsaw.
I just didn't want to give up any of that to get #1 covered -- and don't
personally see any value in porting Chainsaw to logback to achieve #1
either.  The information (also news to me) that we're really close to
being able to just have Chainsaw use log4j 1.2.x just solidifies that
opinion -- though I'd be happy with Chainsaw based upon a stable 1.4.x
log4j as well.  [We can debate whether we could have a stable log4j
1.3.x and use that -- but at this point it does not matter whether this
is technically possible, the 1.3.x stream has enough of a troubled
history that a new version # is really needed to clear the air if
nothing else.]

--
Jess Holle