logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove Ulogger/slf4j refs from 1.2 branch?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 03:59:09 GMT

On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> Do we need this class?  Can we remove it/other slf4j references?

Sorry, I don't see ULogger or any slf4j references on the log4j 1.2
branch.  I haven't moved the branches around as discussed last week,
so trunk is still log4j 1.3.

The log4j 1.3 branch does contain an org.apache.log4j.ULogger which
is similar to the initial SLF4J logger, but there is no dependency on
SLF4J.  I think the U is from UGLI which predated slf4j.  Since log4j
1.3 is abandoned, I don't see any need to remove the vestiges of the
UGLI/SLF4J.