logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Rename log4j trunk?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:19:42 GMT
+1

Can we 'svn move' trunk -> branches/BRANCH_1_3_ABANDONED ?

Then svn mv branches/log4j_12 > trunk?

1.3 has only ever had alpha releases.  It's just a change management
issue we'll have to live with.

lets roll.

Paul
On 08/08/2007, at 7:32 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Log4j/trunk is no longer the main development branch.  Renaming it
> log4j/branches/v1_3-branch would eliminate mistaking it for the
> latest and greatest.  It may disrupt someone (we'd address gump as
> part of the change), but I think they'd eventually have to deal
> with it.
>
> I'm not sure if we should have trunk be a link to 1.2 or abandon it
> until 2.0 is viable.
>
> Thought?

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.