logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ramesh Etta <etta.ram...@yahoo.com>
Subject writing log4j for my application
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:50:39 GMT

Hi everybody,

I had written a web application for some banking project in Struts. The
problem is i have categorized the ActionForm classes into one package,
Action classes in one package and so on. Now i have to log the logging
information in to two different log files that contains, like in one log
file all the creation of accounts information must be logged and in other
log file Viewing of balance info, transfer and so on log information and may
be all the error information in to one more log file. I want to write the
configuration file in an xml file. can any one tell me how this can be
possible. ie how we are going to categorize logging information into
different log files base on the fucntionality of our application. I feel
happy if any one can come with code.

I am using Struts and Log4JLogger.

Thanks in advance.