logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilianne E. Blaze" <lilianne_bl...@tlen.pl>
Subject Re: Small patch for NTEventLogAppender
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:20:08 GMT
Looks like it's not enough. Is there any simple way to just tell maven
to skip the tests? There is an option in NB that says just that, but it
doesn't work. Probably having something to do with three different build
scripts.
For now I just put that dll in %system% and it works, I'll look into it
later. To be honest, so far re-compiling log4j wasn't exactly
straightforward.

But, maybe you could consider something like my previous patch + the
following modification:

  static {
    try {
      System.loadLibrary("NTEventLogAppender");
      _libLoaded = true;
    }
    catch(java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError e) {
      if(
"warnOnly".equals(System.getProperty("log4j.nteventlog.failmode")) ) {
        _libLoaded = false;
      } else {
        throw e;
      }
    }
  }

?

This way it behaves like before when the property is not set, and
silently swallows when it is.

Greetings, Lilianne E. Blaze