logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Will Sargent <will.sarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing logging levels in Log4J dynamically?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:03:48 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:
> I'm not so familiar with the JMX stuff, but if you are using this in
> an application server, you can use something like LogWeb...
>
> http://www.codeczar.com/projects/components/logweb/index.html
>
> BTW, this really is a log4j-user list question, not a log4j-dev list
> mail.  Please use the proper list.  You'll probably get more response
> there anyway.
I'd argue that this is a log4j-dev question.  The question is not "How
do you do this?"  I know there are multiple ways in which this can be
done, and I've even listed a few myself.

The question I'm asking more along the lines of "Is there any ability
(or declared intent) for doing this as part of the log4j core library,
without writing too much code?"

Will.