logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small patch for NTEventLogAppender
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:07:18 GMT

On Oct 11, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Lilianne E. Blaze wrote:

> Looks like it's not enough. Is there any simple way to just tell maven
> to skip the tests? There is an option in NB that says just that,
> but it
> doesn't work. Probably having something to do with three different
> build
> scripts.
> For now I just put that dll in %system% and it works, I'll look
> into it
> later. To be honest, so far re-compiling log4j wasn't exactly
> straightforward.

Sorry, I don't use Netbeans and it didn't know that it was invoking
Maven which in turn invokes Ant.  Maven does not pass system
properties on to Ant, but you could backdoor it by creating tests/
build.properties containing:

skip-nteventlogtest=whatever

Since the tests/build.xml file will load build.properties if it exists.

The simple way to tell Maven not to run the tests, is to not select a
goal that requires the tests to be run, for example, "compile".
"package" which creates a Jar, does run the unit tests.  If you
really don't want Netbeans to run any of the tests, you could use the
same unless="..." trick on the "runAll" target.

Also, if you had MinGW installed, then the build script should build
NTEventLogAppender.dll and place it on the path for the unit tests
and you should not need to have to place it in %system%.