logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Up-to-date build instructions for Apache chainsaw?
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:19:03 GMT

On 22/06/2008, at 7:44 PM, Oliver Frietsch wrote:

> Hello list,
>

> As there might be differences between 1.2.15 and 1.2.16, I then
> checked out the latest 1.2.15 tag from SVN that I could find (/
> v1_2_15, there is no 1.2.16!), and tried to build that. This is the
> result:

There is ono 1.2.16 tag as you mention, because 1.2.16 is not
released, it is in fact held in trunk as a snapshot.

So, the missing steps are:

* get log4j trunk
* mvn install (this will install log4j 1.2.16-SNAPSHOT locally)

I believe that will resolve the zeroconf build problem and let you
continue.

I'll update the build info for Chainsaw, it's slipped out of sync.
thanks for the pickup.

The main reason for the lack of releases is to conform to a policy of
only releasing voted on releases, and the fact that Chainsaw depends
on -SNAPSHOT versions of some log4j sub modules of which we're
(slowly) getting closer to release quality.

cheers,

Paul