logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Frietsch <da-mailing-lis...@friets.ch>
Subject Re: Up-to-date build instructions for Apache chainsaw?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:38:44 GMT
Paul,

thanks for this hint. I believed that the trunk actually contained the
log4j 2.0 code (where is that?).

I got log4j to compile. However, I had to grab the
NTEventLogAppender.dll from the prebuilt log4j-1.2.15 to my Windows
system directory to pass all unit tests. Can this "hack" be further
improved?

Now, while trying to build zeroconf, I'm already waiting several minutes
to complete the "Running
org.apache.log4j.net.ZeroConfSocketHubAppenderTest" step - it seems to
do plain nothing, but the build process is waiting for it. I'll give it
another hour, but I'm not very hopeful... CPU usage is low, and there is
no network traffic either...

Oliver