logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammed Mansoor <mansoor.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Backup log shows question marks (??) for Chinese language
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:15:41 GMT

Our application takes a backup of files selected from the folders specified
by the user.
The backup log is written using the Log4j (log4j-1.2.11.jar).
When the backup is taken in Chinese language, the backup log is written and
it shows question marks(??) in place of the backup details. We tried using
the appender UTF-8 in the log4j properties as shown below,

log4j.appender.BackupFile.Encoding=UTF-8

We also tried using ISO-8859-1 and Shift_JIS in place of UTF-8. But that
didn't help. We still get garbled characters for the text written in the
backup log. Can you please suggest on this. Thanks!!