logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Consult
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:14:23 GMT

On Jan 7, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Luciano Izquierdo wrote:

> Hi, i have a problem, and i want know if somebody can i help me.
>

> I have two appenders
>

> Appender1
>
> And
>
> Appender2
>

> And have one logger
>
> Logger1
>

> I want to do, that all messege debug, info, warn, error and fatal,
> will
> write in de appender 1.
>
> But also I want to do that only the ERROR message will write in the
> appender
> 2.
>
> How does to do this configuration in the properties file?
>
> Plese help me!

What you want to accomplish is:

Attach both appenders to the root logger, set the level for the root
to debug and set the threshold of appender2 to ERROR.

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,Appender1,Appender2
log4j.appender.Appender2.threshold=ERROR

The only difference from your description is that both ERROR and FATAL
messages will go to Appender2.  If you really only wanted ERROR, you
could apply a filter to Appender2, but that is more complicated and
likely this solution is sufficient.