logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gulcu <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: will there be a parameterized message in log4j like it is in slf4j?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 08:44:32 GMT

Ralph Goers wrote:

> Actually, Curt created a sandbox for 2.0 quite a while ago with that
> exact goal in mind. I've had good intentions but haven't had the time to
> do anything.

We all have good intentions but we should also set realistic goals for
the project. In light of past experience, my proposal for aligning
log4j with slf4j makes all the more sense.

- it is achievable with few days of work
- it would be a significant step forward in consolidating Java logging
- it would prepare the ground for further improvements in log4j

BTW, did I recently mention that elections for Apache Logging
chairperson are long overdue?

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch