logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: will there be a parameterized message in log4j like it is in slf4j?
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 16:56:13 GMT
Although log4j 1.3 was abandoned, it's fair to say log4j 2.0 hasn't gotten
off the ground either, not sure it ever will.

I agree, logmf is not a good option, this feature needs to be in the core
logging framework.

I think that leaves us with the option of adding useful features to the
current 1.2 codebase, even if it affects backward compatibility.  Time for
the log4j committers & interested users to voice their opinions on 'the
future of log4j'.

As for Antonio's patches, thanks for providing them.  I've applied them to
my working copy and I'll commit them if everything goes ok.

Scott

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com