logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Joanne Polsky <jpol...@hotmail.com>
Subject Contributing
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:31:34 GMT

Hi,

I’m interested in making a very small change, if its accepted, to log4j companion class.
 Essentially, I would like to add another option to the %throwable pattern so that we may
control the stack trace separator which is currently hard coded at a new line - for instance
something like %throwable{full}{ | } where a pipe could be used rather than a new line.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4j/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/pattern/ThrowableInformationPatternConverter.java?view=markup

I had some questions about contributions in general.  I know I should add an item to the ASF
Bugzilla list – however, if I’m willing to do the work what’s the process to get the
feature approved?  Once a feature is approved and code checked in, how long before that change
becomes available to download via a release?

Thanks,
Joanne