logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ashwine <ashwini.shetty0...@gmail.com>
Subject Log4j- maxHistory property in TimeBasedRollingPolicy
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 07:38:12 GMT

We are using log4j-1.2.16.jar and apache-log4j-extras-1.1.jar to implement
the TimeBasedRollingPolicy logging functionality using the property File
approach.

We intend to use the maxHistory Feature but are getting the following
warning message.

maxHistory that does not exist in
org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy

1. we have checked several class files in the above mentioned jar files for
this property but we could'nt find the maxHistory property in the classes.
2. We have taken the Property file approach and this is the syntax we've
used.
 log4j.appender.GoopilAppender.RollingPolicy.maxHistory=180
3. The property file approach works fine for other properties like zipping
the log files, log file generation etc. but the maxHistory is having this
issue.