logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ashwine <ashwini.shetty0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j- maxHistory property in TimeBasedRollingPolicy
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 06:12:10 GMT

Hi Ralph,

Figured out the problem. the log4j property for deleting old archived files
is maxBackupIndex and not maxHistory.
I found this property in the RollingFileAppender class of the log4j jar.
We are however using TimeBasedRollingPolicy which uses the
apache-log4j-extras version of the RollingFileAppender which i figured out
does not contain this property.