logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED] www.a.o/dist housekeeping - logging
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:33:44 GMT
Hey all,

can you please give me some comments on the files below.

I plan to remove:

/dist/logging/log4j/companions/extras/1.0
/dist/logging/log4j/1.2.15/

and even:
/dist/logging/log4j/1.3alpha-8/

as 1.3 is not recommended anymore.

Any objections?

If I hear nothing in the next 3 days I will remove these files without
further warning.

Cheers,
Christian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED] www.a.o/dist housekeeping - logging
To: Logging PMC <private@logging.apache.org>, infrastructure-private@apache.org

Mark,

log4php: 2.1.0 has been uploaded on 2011-06-30 06:39

It is just a few hours old! I think a few hours are pretty ok! Please
drop log4php off your list.
The 2.0.0 release was there for a good while, and this is correct as
it was the only release so far

In case of log4j, it seems to me as only 1.2.15 is outdated. 1.3
version is not recommended so far and the version which is to be used
is 1.2.16.
Companions also seem to have an outdate version.

I will discuss this on the log4j mailinglist, as I am not involved in
the development there.

Cheers
Christian

--